Modern technology has definitely taken the world by storm. Almost 99% of our readers must have scrolled through YouTube or Instagram at least once in their lives. Some of us are merely consumers of content while others create content and try to make a name for themselves. In recent times, these two platforms have provided innumerable people with employment opportunities and satisfied their hunger for creativity.
However, not everybody becomes a star overnight. Some of you might be struggling content creators on these two most popular social media sites who wish to take their accounts to another level. Well if you belong to this category, then read on to get some strategies that might prove to be the necessary push you’ve been waiting for for so long.
Strategies to boost your Instagram handle
If you are a small business owner or a solo content creator, you must have an Instagram account. Here are a few strategies you can adopt to increase your engagement and follower count organically.
- Know the algorithm– Before you start creating your content it is important to know how and what to create. Algorithms are a set of rules according to which the content appears in a person’s feed. A basic understanding of Instagram’s algorithm functioning can assist you in knowing how to attract more audiences. Instagram takes into notice your relationship with the followers, quality of your content, history of the person’s interactions, timeliness of your post etc. Instagram keeps updating its algorithms so you must stay updated to stay relevant amongst your audience.
- Post consistently– Consistency is the key to anything and it is important to Instagram now more than ever. Newer posts are given priority over the older ones. It has been seen that brands that post every day are likely to achieve better results. However, it does not mean that you let it ruin your mental health. Consistency is what you define it to be. It could be posting twice every week or posting 6 days a week. Remember you are the master of your social media handles and not slaves to them.
- Be clear about your niche– If you want more and more people of similar likes to engage with you, you must be clear about what you are doing. Specify your content category and niche clearly in the bio section. If you are a business owner you can add a call to action to get more people on board. Also, stick to the content that you mention to create trust and loyalty.
- Experiment with your content– As mentioned earlier, Instagram keeps updating its algorithms. Therefore, you too need to keep updating the type of content you post. For example, as Instagram introduced its reel feature, more emphasis was laid on promoting reels instead of a post. Furthermore, the audience likes to see different, creative content so don’t hesitate while taking risks or trying something new. Use new fonts, templates, styles etc to maintain your engagement.
- Use relevant hashtags– Hashtags play a key role in the promotion of your content. One right hashtag can make you viral. It is important to note that you do not necessarily need to insert dozens of hashtags. Use hashtags that are relevant to your post, your niche and the account category you are trying to create. Hashtags can help bring in views, likes and followers.
Strategies to boost your YouTube channel
- Use SEO friendly content– SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is one of the most powerful tools to promote yourself on the internet. It simply means that you put out your content in a way that attracts more traffic. It ranges from using appropriate titles to adding keywords that are searched more by the users. Using the right thumbnails, meta descriptions and video details can also help boost your growth on YouTube.
- Interact with your audience– In order to maintain your subscribers, it is important that you interact with them. Reacting to their comments or simply liking their comments can make them feel acknowledged. You can also post some of the positive comments on your other social media handles. Remember, people will only consume your content when you show your face and make yourself appear as one of them.
- Promote your videos on other social media handles– The Internet gives you access to a global community, make sure to use it wisely. You can promote your YouTube videos on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Discord or any other social media where you have an audience on. It also helps build an ecosystem brand name for yourself.
- Run a contest or giveaway– Giveaways or other forms of contests can help attract a larger audience. You can use giveaways as a means to gather more subscribers, comments, likes etc. Keep a track of the engaged audience before and after the contest to analyse its worthiness. Also, keep in mind the community guidelines of YouTube while conducting any survey, contest or giveaway.
- Backlinking– Backlinking means that you attach the link to your other videos in the description. It gives new viewers an idea of what you do and an easy access to other videos. You may also want to attach the links to any of the products mentioned in your videos. You can also give the links to your other social media handles or a call to action. Remember, better the video description, better chances of good performance.
Growing a successful Instagram or YouTube channel does not happen by accident. It takes perseverance, hard work and discipline. Create your content regularly, and stay patient even if the numbers are not encouraging. Keep in mind that this is a tough competition space and to stand out, you need to be unique, authentic and creative. Use analytic tools to know what kind of content performs better for you. Schedule your posts, frequently ask your viewers to share your content and host polls or interactive sessions to know your audience better. Most importantly, be yourself so that it can be a fun and easy journey for you. On that note, happy creating!
Want to Write for Beyond the Punchlines? Click Here
Get Your Own Article Published at Beyond the Punchline. Click HereAdd to favorites